It all began with a letter (short story)




    I felt so excited when I looked at the envelope. It was a lavender envelope, with posting marks from England. I was ecstatic! I knew it was from Rosie because she has been writing to me for a couple of months now. And every time I got her letter I would get goose bumps.
    We’ve met last year when I was in England on holiday, and we bonded right away. She would always find new ways to surprise me. Every day with her was an adventure- from jumping into the freezing lake, to running all over town until we were breathless. With her I felt closeness that I have never felt before. I was almost sure she felt the same. But it was hard to determine because she was a mysterious girl.
When I left, I knew that our story isn’t over.
  As we were saying our goodbyes she gave me the first, of many letters to come.
    So, here I am now, opening yet another letter. I wonder what she has on her pretty little mind now.

Comments

Popular Posts