Star-crossed (poem)

                                                               

At the late hour, midnight hour

I paint you walking towards me
all tan with that sparkling smile;
your eyes burning fixatedly into mine;
pools of passion arising within us;
sweet nectar pours out
from your saccharine soul
and I drown in it
a trickle of silvery moonlight
captures
our breathless bodies
and sends them to the stars

I used to think riding my bike
with reckless abandon is the
closest I'll come to flying
It's not
your warm embrace
lifts me further
from the ground
up,
up,
up,
to the sky we go
I'll let you be my Peter Pan
if I can be your Wendy
together let's dissolve
into molecules of stardust
and vow to never grow up!

I'll walk you through our past lives
and explain why forever
doesn't frighten me

You'll see that chiseled out
of the same stone
are we, hence why
we fit so perfectly

When faith reunites us
above or below
Out of your chest
your heart will grow
showing you all
there is to know

Gleefully you'll say-
"Darling, here I am.
 I'll never lose you
 again."

Comments

Popular Posts